Answers to Questions
Web Costa Blanca Hosting
- How long will the whole thing take?
- From the time we receive your order:
- Registering a new domain name: 24 - 48 hours. (If you already have a registered domain name: no time at at all.)
- Pointing your name to our servers: a few minutes. (If you have registered the domain name yourself: as long as it takes you.)
- Setting up your Web site on our servers: 2 - 4 hours.
- Waiting for your site to become visible by name, to the entire Web: up to 48 hours (usually under 24 hours, and you can get the site ready while you are waiting).
So your Web site could be available on the same day you sign up with us, and visible within 24 hours—or within two to three days if a new domain has to be registered.
- What about uploading Web pages, and images?
- You can begin doing this as soon as your site is set up on our server. (See Step 3 in the previous answer.) We will send you detailed instructions—or, for a small negotiated fee, we can do the uploading for you.
- You don't have to do everything in one go. You can put up a page or two at a time.
- If you ask us to design your site for you, we will do all the uploading as part of the service: for the overall fee agreed, and within the agreed time span.
- When do I have to renew my domain registration?
- For a .com Web site, and for most sites, a year after you registered the name. For a .co.uk Web site, two years after you registered it. If you registered the name with Web Costa Blanca, you can find the exact date in your personal client area. Just log in, and go to ‘View your current subscriptions.’ (We will also remind you, in good time.)
- When do I have to renew my hosting plan?
- That depends on your subscription. It will be a month, or three months, or a year after you first subscribed. You can find the exact date in your personal client area. Just log in, and go to ‘View your current subscriptions.’ (We will also remind you, in good time.)
- Who are Web Costa Blanca?
- Web Costa Blanca is run by a partnership of three people. One has invested capital; one provides business advice and expertise; one is in charge of the day-to-day work—our webmaster, Michael Scannell.
If your question isn't answered here, and you would like to see it on this Web Costa Blanca page, please .
Home Page | Hosting Plans | Services | Questions? | Blog | Contact Us